noun (plural steersmen)
- A person who is steering a boat or ship.More example sentences
- Aft are the helmsmen, the best of the master steersmen.
- A story is told about Pantai Norasingh, a steersman of the royal barge, who accidentally ran aground while taking Sanphet on an inspection tour of the river.
- ‘Aye, captain! ‘came the reply from the burly steersman already standing between the tillers of the huge steering oars.’
More definitions of steersmanDefinition of steersman in:
- The US English dictionary