noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of study concerned with analysing the relationship of surviving variant versions of a text to each other, especially so as to reconstruct a lost original.More example sentences
- There appear to be strong analogies between the worlds of stemmatics and systematics.
- This is not to imply that stemmatics is useless for the New Testament.
- It is widely accepted that stemmatics originated in the work of Karl Lachmman.
More definitions of stemmaticsDefinition of stemmatics in:
- The US English dictionary