- So as to progress gradually and carefully from one stage to the next: I’ll explain it to you step by step [as modifier]: a step-by-step guideMore example sentences
- She loved pranks, but they had to be carefully planned out, step by step, whereas he just did it.
- He guides you step by step through comprehensive and easy to follow instructions.
- Now in a step by step guide, I'll show you how I can achieve this.
More definitions of step by stepDefinition of step by step in:
- The US English dictionary