A Madagascan climbing plant which is cultivated for its fragrant waxy white flowers.
- Genus Stephanotis, family Asclepiadaceae
More example sentences
- Lady Tamara carried a bouquet of garden roses in white and pale cream, white jasmine stephanotis and lily of the valley with myrtle leaves.
- Other flowers that work well include stephanotis, tulips and orchids.
- The all-white bouquet was made up of orchids and lilies-of-the-valley from England, stephanotis from Scotland and carnations from Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, with additional orchids from Wales.
modern Latin, from Greek, literally 'fit for a wreath', from stephanos 'wreath'.
Definition of stephanotis in:
- The US English dictionary