Definition of stereochemistry in English:
The branch of chemistry concerned with the three-dimensional arrangement of atoms and molecules and the effect of this on chemical reactions.
- By that time atomism had been extended from chemistry and the kinetic theory to offer explanations in stereochemistry, electro-chemistry, spectroscopy and so on.
- Pasteur also formulated a law that states asymmetric molecules are always the product of life forces, which became the basis of a new branch of science, stereochemistry.
- The stereochemistry of quinine is formidable: it has four chiral centres, and thus 16 stereoisomers - of which only one is the natural ingredient of cinchona bark.
- Example sentences
- This suggests that residues 18 and 19 transfer their stereochemical signature to the epoxide.
- If two molecules or complexes have the same molecular formula they are candidates for stereochemical analysis.
- Refinement was run in a mode in which stereochemical interactions were considered within a conformer but ignored between different conformers.
- Example sentences
- These residues were structurally included as follows: All stereochemically accessible side-chain conformations were generated by systematic variation of their side-chain dihedrals.
- Additionally, while adaptive code structure is unlikely to be an artifact of a stereochemically determined code, empirical evidence suggests that stereochemistry is not without a role.
- Using this approach, it is possible to stereochemically determine which residue properties contribute most to the interaction.
Definition of stereochemistry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan