Definition of stereophonic in English:
(Of sound recording and reproduction) using two or more channels of transmission and reproduction so that the reproduced sound seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source: stereophonic sound systems some of their old mono recordings sound positively stereophonic
More example sentences
- This is not only a serious challenge for every individual member, but it has proven an exciting formation, creating a stereophonic voice sound in their stage presentations.
- Chaplin made no secret of his disdain for stereophonic sound.
- One is the stereophonic sound - still primitive, but an improvement over 1952.
- Example sentences
- Loud sounds above 70 dB are electronically compressed to safe, comfortable levels, while lower sounds are stereophonically amplified to normal levels.
- When heard through stereophonically separated loudspeakers, the pattern produces a number of different illusions.
- Two solo harpists are positioned stereophonically on the stage, and surrounded by the impressionistic, spectral sound world of the orchestra.
- Example sentences
- This also motivates the belonging of conventional stereophony to the broader simulation of the perception approach.
- What we learned from this was that we needed to take more than a little care in handling stereophony.
- Time-of-arrival stereophony works as a result of the time of arrival at each microphone.
Pronunciation: /stɛrɪə(ʊ)ˈfɒnɪk(ə)li/ /stɪərɪə(ʊ)ˈfɒnɪk(ə)li/adverb
Pronunciation: /ˌstɛrɪˈɒf(ə)ni/ /ˌstɪərɪˈɒf(ə)ni/noun
Words that rhyme with stereophonicanachronic, animatronic, bionic, Brythonic, bubonic, Byronic, canonic, carbonic, catatonic, chalcedonic, chronic, colonic, conic, cyclonic, daemonic, demonic, diatonic, draconic, electronic, embryonic, euphonic, harmonic, hegemonic, histrionic, homophonic, hypersonic, iconic, ionic, ironic, isotonic, laconic, macaronic, Masonic, Miltonic, mnemonic, monotonic, moronic, Napoleonic, philharmonic, phonic, Platonic, Plutonic, polyphonic, quadraphonic, sardonic, saxophonic, siphonic, Slavonic, sonic, subsonic, subtonic, symphonic, tectonic, Teutonic, thermionic, tonic, transonic, ultrasonic
Definition of stereophonic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.