Definition of stereopsis in English:
The perception of depth produced by the reception in the brain of visual stimuli from both eyes in combination; binocular vision.
- This skill, called stereopsis or stereoscopic vision, is a wonderful example of inverse optics.
- The athletes were tested for visual acuity, refractive error, oculomotor skills, stereopsis, color vision, contrast sensitivity, eye-hand coordination, eye-foot coordination, and overall ocular health.
- He hypothesized that basal primates were visually directed predators of fauna on slender branches, a milieu that favored a wide field of stereopsis and clawless, prehensile hands for visually tracking and grasping prey.
- Example sentences
- Stereograms, stereoscopic, stereographic views and easy stereoptic viewing methods and instructions are on this and the following pages of unique images.
- But this interesting stereoptic phenomenon would in any case have little enough to do with the respective quality of the two texts.
- Thereby, the image observed is slightly displaced to provide the stereoptic effect.
Definition of stereopsis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.