(Of a reaction) preferentially producing a particular stereoisomeric form of the product, irrespective of the configuration of the reactant.
More example sentences
- Any chemical reaction that yields predominantly one stereoisomer out of several stereoisomer possibilities is said to be a stereoselective reaction.
- Such a development might be useful in stereoselective catalytic syntheses.
- Our researchers developed a stereoselective synthesis technique and found that although the four enantiomers all taste similar, they have very different odour thresholds.
- More example sentences
- This last is appealing in as much as it offers improved yields, but suffers from a low degree of stereoselectivity.
- The aim of this work is to study the stereoselectivity of the acyl chain binding site of the enzyme for four diastereomers of an inhibitor.
- The active transport of peptides is distinct and independent of amino acid transport and displays high stereoselectivity for peptide bonds and L-amino acid residues but low specificity with respect to amino acid side-chains.
More definitions of stereoselectiveDefinition of stereoselective in:
- The US English dictionary