- A steamer propelled by a paddle wheel positioned at the stern.More example sentences
- The city was a scenic, lush rush of green, as seen from river level, topped with the sparkling lights of downtown as the sternwheeler paddled up to Rossdale under a light drizzle.
- Steaming upriver into the Columbia's great, verdant gorge, large sternwheelers brought passengers and profits to steamboat companies.
- To attract a younger clientele, the sternwheeler will make repeating three- and four-day Mississippi River cruises combined with a New Orleans hotel and activities package.
More definitions of sternwheelerDefinition of sternwheeler in:
- The US English dictionary