Definition of stertorous in English:
(Of breathing) noisy and laboured: the breathing was becoming less stertorous a stertorous sigh
More example sentences
- A 28 month old girl was referred with a 16 month history of failure to thrive, snoring, stertorous breathing, and, latterly, life threatening respiratory obstruction.
- During one such conversation his last words were ‘there are just two other things…’ followed by unresponding, stertorous breathing.
- Stertorous breathing may occur after epileptic convulsions, but does not typically occur after psychogenic non-epileptic convulsions.
- Example sentences
- He breathed stertorously, and in his throat were the queer little gasping noises of one overwrought.
- Lucy was breathing somewhat stertorously, and her face was at its worst, for the open mouth showed the pale gums.
- The old gentleman, who was comfortably and perhaps even stertorously asleep in the corner, is now in the centre engaged in conversation with the young lieutenant.
Words that rhyme with stertorousuterus • adulterous
Definition of stertorous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan