- Make a noise by sucking air and saliva through the teeth, typically to express annoyance or derision: Ned steupsed and shook his head, looking frustratedMore example sentences
- When he announced that government had approved the $27 billion plan, many people will have simply steupsed and turned off their television sets.
- However, when Daniel enquired about Sabrina, Williams steupsed and said, ‘What you asking 'bout she for?’
- He rolled his eyes heavenward, steupsed, and muttered to himself, ‘This numskull pass for the market!’
nounBack to top
- An expression of annoyance or derision made by sucking air and saliva through the teeth.More example sentences
- Gibby responded with a protracted steups, adding the State was already dealing with only one.
- He would squinch up his face in a way that only he could, so that every wrinkle and fold formed perfectly on his forehead, twist his neck, purse his lips tightly and let out a long sweet steups.