Definition of steups in English:
Make a noise by sucking air and saliva through the teeth, typically to express annoyance or derision: Ned steupsed and shook his head, looking frustrated
More example sentences
- When he announced that government had approved the $27 billion plan, many people will have simply steupsed and turned off their television sets.
- However, when Daniel enquired about Sabrina, Williams steupsed and said, ‘What you asking 'bout she for?’
- He rolled his eyes heavenward, steupsed, and muttered to himself, ‘This numskull pass for the market!’
nounBack to top
An expression of annoyance or derision made by sucking air and saliva through the teeth.
- Gibby responded with a protracted steups, adding the State was already dealing with only one.
- He would squinch up his face in a way that only he could, so that every wrinkle and fold formed perfectly on his forehead, twist his neck, purse his lips tightly and let out a long sweet steups.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia