- 1A piece of flexible material with an adhesive backing for covering cuts or small wounds.More example sentences
- A simple first aid kit with sticking plasters and greasy dressings will help deal with minor injuries, and petroleum jelly is useful for abrasions.
- The thin walled tube had kinked under the sticking plaster.
- It's not first aid in the sense of a sticking plaster and a bandage.
- 1.1 [often as modifier] A temporary and inadequate solution to a serious problem: speed cameras may help, but this is a sticking-plaster solutionMore example sentences
- Seven thousand African troops sent in to monitor the situation are just a sticking plaster on a gaping wound.
- On Wednesday last week, Gordon Brown delivered a Budget which is little more than a sticking plaster for the General Election.
- At the moment we are using a sticking plaster approach.
More definitions of sticking plasterDefinition of sticking plaster in:
- The US English dictionary