- An end of a DNA double helix at which a few unpaired nucleotides of one strand extend beyond the other.More example sentences
- Such linkers could be joined by DNA ligase onto the DNA to be inserted and the resulting molecule cut with a restriction enzyme to generate sticky ends.
- This works because the enzyme will seek out the corresponding sticky ends on the target DNA, in essence cleaving or cutting out a certain section of the DNA.
- Here, we have adapted a method we developed previously for the ligation of DNA triangles; we solve the phosphorylation requirement problem by restricting to create phosphorylated sticky ends.
More definitions of sticky endDefinition of sticky end in:
- The US English dictionary