- A Greek dish of meat stewed with onions and sometimes tomatoes.More example sentences
- My favourite dish is stifado, though kleftiko runs a close second.
- From traditional starters, such as tsatsiki, to mouth-watering Greek specialities, including spicy-sausage spetzofai and stifado, a lamb or rabbit stew, the Saily is paradise to the palate.
- Cover and cook the stifado very gently for about three hours, adding extra liquid as necessary.
from modern Greek stiphado.
More definitions of stifadoDefinition of stifado in:
- The US English dictionary