Definition of stigmatic in English:
1Relating to a stigma or stigmas, in particular constituting or conveying a mark of disgrace: the less stigmatic offence of manslaughter
More example sentences
- If there is no workable defence of insanity, it is surely wrong to convict a grossly disordered killer of murder when the less stigmatic offence of manslaughter is at hand.
- According to science, there is no perfect profile that sticks to this stigmatic paraphilia - the job descriptions, sexual orientations, age and race of these people are random.
- Founded exactly 25 years ago, this group of ostentatious do-gooders vow ‘to promulgate universal joy and expiate stigmatic guilt’.
nounBack to top
A person bearing stigmata: stigmatics apparently bearing the wounds of Christ’s Crucifixion
More example sentences
- The twentieth century's two best-known stigmatics - Theresa Neumann and Padre Pio - were suspected of deception.
- One of the more recent stigmatics claimed not only to have Christ's wounds but also that religious statues wept in his presence.
- It seems that the vast majority of stigmatics have been women.
- Example sentences
- For the mass separation of the fission products a stigmatically focused magnetic deflection system was used.
- The oval cylinder includes means for shaping the main focus lens to focus the three electron beams stigmatically near ground potential and to converge the outer beams at the center of the screen.
- If anything it's getting worse - back then everyone played arcade games, but games now are becoming stigmatically gender-specific.
Words that rhyme with stigmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, asthmatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of stigmatic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.