1Describe or regard as worthy of disgrace or great disapproval: the institution was stigmatized as a last resort for the destitute
More example sentences
- Beginning with her mother, she was stigmatized as being a dupe of sinister communist plotters - as if she somehow lacked any authentic and genuine convictions of her own.
- Proselytizing is stigmatized as cultural supremacy and for violating the principle that there is no need for other-worldly salvation.
- Blake is stigmatized as a ‘Dead Man’ by the very act of embarking West.
- Example sentences
- You're beginning to see the stigmatization of any alternative proposals on the pretext of confronting terrorism.
- But the challenge ahead lies in making the decree operable, so that it complements other regulations and is adopted by the regions, thus assisting in eliminating victim stigmatization and discrimination in the workplace.
- Neither, of course, does it reflect the incalculable emotional losses Japanese Americans suffered through stigmatization and incarceration.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stig¦ma|tize
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.