- Quietly and with little movement: the birds rested stillyMore example sentences
- They wait there, standing stilly even as the bus slows and tries to stop close to that spot, where a brake squeals mightily.
- The figure lay very stilly on his bed, the sheets rumpled and wet with his sweat.
- The waters work, and Jefferson is exalted stilly in his place.
adjectiveBack to top
- Still and quiet: the stilly nightMore example sentences
- It was a stilly pitch-dark morning; neither moon nor star nor light from house or electricity pole was to be seen.
- In the dusk we walked out onto a little bridge to watch birds, and in the stilly evening, out over the lake an alpen horn began to play.
More definitions of stillyDefinition of stilly in:
- The US English dictionary