- A Eurasian nettle covered in minute hairs that inject irritants such as histamine and acetylcholine when they are touched.
More example sentences
- Genus Urtica, family Urticaceae: several species, in particular U. dioica
- In his pasture, edible weeds like dandelion, chicory, quack grass and even stinging nettles are allowed to thrive.
- Milkweed provides food for monarch butterfly larvae and stinging nettles host caterpillars of the red admiral butterfly.
- The creation of the road, however, has made an opening for other kinds of plants, including fescue, bent grasses, myriad leaf, a stinging nettle, western dock, and the colorful fireweed.
More definitions of stinging nettleDefinition of stinging nettle in:
- The US English dictionary