- A European hellebore with greenish purple-tipped flowers.
More example sentences
- Helleborus foetidus, family Ranunculaceae
- Known as the stinking hellebore, although I've never noticed an off odor about them, H. foetidus is a lovely, although relatively short-lived plant for shady gardens.
- Also known as bearsfoot hellebore, stinking hellebore is hardy in zones three through nine.
- Occasionally you can find the Helleborus foetidus, or stinking hellebore, but all are worthwhile in the garden.