- 1 • informal , chiefly US A contemptible or foul-smelling person or thing.More example sentences
- Something he doesn't tell you, that Michigan plant he spoke at turned out to be one of those old stinkpots that was then under investigation for Clean Air Act violations.
- But those stinkpots just happened to belong to very powerful political patrons (some of whom now sit on his cabinet, like the Treasury Secretary).
- So while they may not be as clean as they would be at home, they're not total stinkpots.
- 2 (also stinkpot turtle) An American musk turtle with a domed shell, typically living in muddy-bottomed waters and producing a strong unpleasant smell when disturbed.
More example sentences
- Kinosternon odoratum (or Sternotherus odoratus), family Kinosternidae
- Please keep all comments constructive to Ridgeback musk or stinkpot turtle husbandry methods and care.
- They are as pugnacious as stinkpot turtles and when threatened they quickly secrete a foul smelling liquid.
- There's everything from stinkpot turtles and spitting sea cucumbers to fish slime, cannibalism and much more.
More definitions of stinkpotDefinition of stinkpot in:
- The US English dictionary