Definition of stinkpot in English:
1 informal , chiefly US A contemptible or foul-smelling person or thing.
- Something he doesn't tell you, that Michigan plant he spoke at turned out to be one of those old stinkpots that was then under investigation for Clean Air Act violations.
- But those stinkpots just happened to belong to very powerful political patrons (some of whom now sit on his cabinet, like the Treasury Secretary).
- So while they may not be as clean as they would be at home, they're not total stinkpots.
2 (also stinkpot turtle) An American musk turtle with a domed shell, typically living in muddy-bottomed waters and producing a strong unpleasant smell when disturbed.
- Kinosternon odoratum (or Sternotherus odoratus), family Kinosternidae
- Please keep all comments constructive to Ridgeback musk or stinkpot turtle husbandry methods and care.
- They are as pugnacious as stinkpot turtles and when threatened they quickly secrete a foul smelling liquid.
- There's everything from stinkpot turtles and spitting sea cucumbers to fish slime, cannibalism and much more.
Definition of stinkpot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia