- Fry (meat, fish, or vegetables) rapidly over a high heat while stirring briskly: (as adjective stir-fried) stir-fried beefMore example sentences
- The first impression was the sesame seed flavour and hints of ginger that came through in the beautiful sauce in which the BBQ vegetables were stir-fried.
- Fish featured strongly on the specials menu and the halibut was superb - a solid steak of meaty white fish, served with crisp stir-fried vegetables.
- Also try the drizzle with fresh raw oysters, steamed or pan-fried fish or tossed through quickly stir-fried vegetables, or chunks of hot, roasted pumpkin and kumara or root vegetables.
nounBack to top
- A dish cooked by stir-frying: make the stir-fry just before you want to eatMore example sentences
- The choice was considerable: salads, soups and stir-fries alongside curries and seafood dishes.
- Noodle dishes, appetizers, curries, stir-fries, the lime-spiked salads or ‘yums’ - I've had good luck with all of them.
- Part of the Sheraton Grand Hotel, with great views of the castle, there's a buffet at lunchtime, with plenty of good salads and dips or the chef will cook a stir-fry to order.
More definitions of stir-fryDefinition of stir-fry in:
- The US English dictionary