- A yearling bullock or heifer.More example sentences
- Handily, there is a glossary, so that you, too, will know that a tufter is an old hound, and a stirk is a shorthorned bullock.
- The odd dairy cow made £530, stirks ranged from £150 - £450 and stronger stores made up to £492.
- The use of markets is prohibited for pregnant stock, stirks under six months and lambs under 12 weeks.
Old English stirc, perhaps from stēor 'steer' + -oc (see -ock).
More definitions of stirkDefinition of stirk in:
- The US English dictionary