- The metal loop of a stirrup, in which the rider’s foot rests.More example sentences
- He was challenging aboard 4-5 favourite Vanormix in the Steel Plate Trial Juvenile Novices' Hurdle when his right foot slipped out of the stirrup iron after the final flight.
- He was accidentally unseated on his way to the winner's circle after losing a stirrup iron after Chateau Istana spooked at a camera car, but remained unscathed and was complimentary of the winning performance.
- As he swung his leg over to dismount the horse stepped away and left him hopping on one foot with the other caught in the stirrup iron.
More definitions of stirrup ironDefinition of stirrup iron in:
- The US English dictionary