- A mineral that is a dense polymorph of silica and is formed at very high pressures, especially in meteorite craters.More example sentences
- In order to explore the release ‘isentrope’ we also re-traced the loading curve backwards for stishovite and alpha-quartz cases only.
- Furthermore, we provide experimental confirmation of the prediction that the transition from stishovite to the CaCl 2 type structure near 50 GPa is accompanied by an elastic instability.
- Here we use in situ Raman spectroscopy and a new theoretical model to investigate the high-pressure behaviour of stishovite.
1960s: from the name of Sergei M. Stishov, 20th-century Russian chemist, + -ite1.
More definitions of stishoviteDefinition of stishovite in:
- The US English dictionary