noun• dialect , chiefly Scottish & US
- 1A broken branch or a stump: old roots and stobs and crackling leavesMore example sentences
- Pollarding involves cutting the tree back severely to a few ugly stobs.
- 1.1A stake used for fencing.More example sentences
- Designs which have two stobs supporting each stringer are easier to construct than those with three stobs for each stringer, as careful levelling is needed to spread the weight evenly between three stobs.
Middle English: variant of stub.
More definitions of stobDefinition of stob in:
- The US English dictionary