- 1An ordinary car that has been strengthened for use in a type of race in which competing cars collide with each other: [as modifier]: stock-car racingMore example sentences
- He soon began drag racing at local tracks and competing in oval-track stock-car events.
- For Montreal motorists and taxi commuters, it's like a miniature stock-car race on a city street.
- The stock-car races slide across the compass, lurch with a crunch and glass breaking up against the end of the street, burglars are picked out in light on the doorsteps, even primroses glow, and the wing cases of dazed beetles.
- 2North American A railway wagon for transporting livestock.More example sentences
- Surrounding the depot on the former Silverton house tracks is a large assortment of D&RGW rolling stock, including stock cars, box cars and a veritable fleet of drop-bottom gons.
- Annual report statistics failed to identify fully all forms of livestock being shipped in stock cars.
- More hay was part of this hospitality, and a horse and cart distributed supplies up and down the galleries alongside these stock cars.
More definitions of stock carDefinition of stock car in:
- The US English dictionary