Definition of stockbreeder in English:
A farmer who breeds livestock.
- In a few cases, one in ten or twelve, a heifer born as twin to a bull calf will be normally fertile, but these odds are such that stockbreeders discourage breeding for the trait of mixed-sex twins.
- On the contrary, the best-known stockbreeder of the eighteenth century made a point of obscuring the descent of his prized bulls, rams, boars, and stallions.
- In the ‘survival of the fittest’ (a phrase coined by H. Spencer, but accepted by Darwin) organic descent was achieved by natural selection, by analogy with the artificial selection of the stockbreeder.
- Example sentences
- Other traditional sectors like stockbreeding, milk products and vineyards are already singled out as priorities of the financial policy of National Agriculture Fund.
- THIRTY-SEVEN UK companies in the field of farming equipment, stockbreeding, meatpacking and consultancy are among the participants in the Agra 2003 international exhibition, which opened in Sofia on Wednesday.
- All kinds of stockbreeding was to be pursued there.
Definition of stockbreeder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.