- An affluent residential area outside a large city.More example sentences
- A Surrey police spokeswoman said the crime happened on a quiet country road in the stockbroker belt, an area with a low crime rate, as the woman was driving home from an evening with friends in London.
- The area includes the Tatton villages of Alderley Edge and Prestbury in what used to be the stockbroker belt; today the richest residents are just as likely to be soap stars, Premiership footballers - and their managers.
- The father-of-six eagerly grasped the chance to own an eight-bedroom slice of British history; a mock Tudor pile with cottages, stables and swimming pool that has dominated the Surrey stockbroker belt for a century.
More definitions of stockbroker beltDefinition of stockbroker belt in:
- The US English dictionary