Definition of stockholder in English:
1chiefly North American A shareholder.
- In an attempt to create a corporation where stockholders' interests are looked after, many firms have implemented a two-tier corporate hierarchy.
- Should this happen, bondholders would be paid first during the liquidation process, then preferred stockholders, and lastly common stockholders.
- Options are both compensation for executives and also potential costs to stockholders, since their exercise dilutes stockholder ownership rights.
- Example sentences
- The report said that new Treasury-imposed accounting rules - known as resource accounting - may also have resulted in ‘poor decision making’ about the appropriate levels of stockholding.
- The stockholding banks increased their assets by 34.3 per cent to 4.09 trillion yuan, while liabilities rose 34.5 per cent to 3.95 trillion yuan.
- On Thursday, the company set aside nearly £50m from profits to cover the 5% stockholding the employees voted to accept.
Definition of stockholder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.