- A soft, loosely knitted stretch fabric, formerly used for making underwear and now used for cleaning, wrapping, or bandaging.More example sentences
- Bivalve the cast including all layers of cotton, stockinet, etc. and wrap with ACE wrap.
- Team members spend extra time during draping to ensure each step of the procedure will not be hampered or limited by awkward placement of the drapes, stockinet, suction tip and tubing, and the ESU pencil.
- Hanging in the back porch are the sensory results - smoked ham, bacon and Polish sausage, all covered in stockinette, cheese cloth or muslin.
late 18th century: probably an alteration of stocking-net.
More definitions of stockinetDefinition of stockinet in:
- The US English dictionary