- Promoting the appetite or assisting digestion.More example sentences
- A few medicinal properties of spices such as tonic, carminative, stomachic, diuretic, and antispasmodic have long been recognized.
- The seeds are valued medicinally for their diuretic, demulcent and stomachic properties.
- The juice is good for promoting digestion and all parts have stomachic properties, which can be augmented with small amounts of cinnamon and cloves.
nounBack to top
- A stomachic medicine or tonic.More example sentences
- The use of the herb checks the head and eyes, like the leaves; hence the root should be accounted among the best stomachics.
- It is one of the earliest medicinal herbs known in Europe, widely regarded as one of the best stomachics for young children.
- Toxicity and side effects may be ameliorated if the drug is taken with green tea, diuretics, or stomachics.
More definitions of stomachicDefinition of stomachic in:
- The US English dictionary