Promoting the appetite or assisting digestion.
- A few medicinal properties of spices such as tonic, carminative, stomachic, diuretic, and antispasmodic have long been recognized.
- The seeds are valued medicinally for their diuretic, demulcent and stomachic properties.
- The juice is good for promoting digestion and all parts have stomachic properties, which can be augmented with small amounts of cinnamon and cloves.
A stomachic medicine or tonic.
- The use of the herb checks the head and eyes, like the leaves; hence the root should be accounted among the best stomachics.
- It is one of the earliest medicinal herbs known in Europe, widely regarded as one of the best stomachics for young children.
- Toxicity and side effects may be ameliorated if the drug is taken with green tea, diuretics, or stomachics.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: stom|ach¦ic
Definition of stomachic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.