- another term for stoma.More example sentences
- This can be due to a reduction in light interception as leaf expansion is reduced or as leaves senesce, and to reductions in C fixation per unit leaf area as stomates close or as photo-oxidation damages the photosynthetic mechanism.
- This capacity is due to the presence of stomates on both leaf surfaces, permeability of tissues for CO 2 diffusion and an intense Rubisco activity.
- Some starch can also be seen in the guard cells of stomates.
mid 19th century: apparently an English singular of stomata.
More definitions of stomateDefinition of stomate in:
- The US English dictionary