noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the mouth.More example sentences
- It works, but, like many chemotherapeutic agents, it causes serious side effects, including neutropenia, alopecia, diarrhoea, stomatitis, sickness, and hand-foot syndrome.
- Other childhood infections such as herpetic stomatitis, exanthema subitum, and chickenpox also seemed protective.
- Gingival ulceration in herpetic stomatitis is common and is associated with mouth ulcers elsewhere and fever
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from stoma, stomat- 'mouth' + -itis.
More definitions of stomatitisDefinition of stomatitis in:
- The US English dictionary