Definition of stone face in English:
A face that reveals no emotions: I was surrounded by a lot of people with stone faces
More example sentences
- She wasn't crying, but she had a stone face with no emotion whatsoever.
- Sarah tried to keep a stone face despite the emotions running deep.
- David notices Vivian's stone face, emotionless and uncertain.
- Example sentences
- According to Bernard, the stone-faced city attorneys agree that the conditions of the project need to be enforced but say they can't enforce them.
- At the end he stands center stage to receive the applause, patient and stone-faced, impassive under the weight of all these strangers and their love.
- Barb and Paul looked at her, stone-faced and ready for the worst.
Definition of stone face in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan