- A fruit with flesh or pulp enclosing a stone, such as a peach, plum, or cherry.More example sentences
- In August you'll find an abundance of peaches and other stone fruit, early apples, and vegetables.
- You could also make it with apples, pears, or even stone fruit such as plums or apricots.
- But you could just as well drop a few cardamom pods into a syrup for poaching the stone fruit that will be coming on stream soon or even store it up as a flavour for Christmas cakes and puddings.
More definitions of stone fruitDefinition of stone fruit in:
- The US English dictionary