A Eurasian marten that has chocolate-brown fur with a white throat. Also called beech marten.
- Martes foina, family Mustelidae
More example sentences
- Weather and punishing terrain restricted our movements much beyond Tahawndam, but we had already found three large mammal species not previously known to live in Myanmar: blue sheep, black muntjac (barking deer), and stone marten.
- In both Europe and Australia, bat lyssaviruses seem to be maintained only in indigenous bat populations, although European bat lyssavirus has been detected in a few sheep and in a stone marten, which is an arboreal mammal.
- The stone marten is native on the Adriatic islands, and the small Indian civet has been introduced to Ngazidja.
More definitions of stone martenDefinition of stone marten in:
- The US English dictionary