A small fleshy-leaved plant which typically has star-shaped yellow or white flowers and grows among rocks or on walls.
- Genus Sedum, family Crassulaceae: many species, including yellow (or biting) stonecrop (S. acre), whose tiny leaves have a bitter, peppery taste
More example sentences
- Both maidens repose on a crumbled wall; yet saxifrage, stonecrop and spring flowers sprout from the rubble.
- His firm will plant the Academy roof with wild strawberry, sea thrift, the herb self-heal and stonecrop, a sedum that attracts the endangered Mission Blue Butterfly.
- He was referring to S. reflexum, the yellow stonecrop, which in some places shares the name ‘creeping Jenny’ with S. acre, more commonly known as wall-pepper or golden stonecrop.
More definitions of stonecropDefinition of stonecrop in:
- The US English dictionary