- A person who cuts, prepares, and builds with stone.More example sentences
- The restoration business needed additional stonemasons and bricklayers, but not full time.
- While in high school in the late 1940s, Stephen worked summers with his father, who was a stonemason and bricklayer.
- Edinburgh has us to thank for the beautiful buildings in the city which were designed and built by stonemasons, in the days before architects.
- More example sentences
- It describes how family members over the years - through trades including farming, textiles, building and stonemasonry - have made a lasting impact on the village and its surrounding area.
- Over four days of tough competition, the best of the world's young people fight for the title of world champion in 36 trades ranging from cookery, welding and stonemasonry to information technology, carpentry and computer-aided design.
- After completing a course in draughtsmanship he did an apprenticeship in stonemasonry, emerging as an entrepreneur in 1981.
More definitions of stonemasonDefinition of stonemason in:
- The US English dictionary