adjectiveBritish • informal
- Entirely without money: all his friends were stony broke friends of stony-broke Sir Charles Maugham are giving him bags of supermarket foodMore example sentences
- He gave it to me - a stone-broke stranger - with instructions about how to put the money into his account when I got back to the capital, Jayapura.
- I'm stone broke and they can't get enough - fines for this, fees for that.
- Unexpectedly, however, they turned up a few days later when they were stone broke.
More definitions of stony brokeDefinition of stony broke in:
- The US English dictionary