- 1A list of people deprived of particular rights, privileges, or services, in particular a list of people with whom members of an association are forbidden to do business.More example sentences
- Many people on bail will find that their passport details are on the immigration stop list, which means that the officer won't let you through.
- Bail is sometimes given on a surety basis, probably less so than in the past, but the growing practice is to place the suspect's passport number on the stop list at airports and ports.
- 2A list of words automatically omitted from a computer-generated concordance or index, typically the most frequent words, which would slow down processing unacceptably.More example sentences
- A neat touch is the stop optimisation facility, which re-orders the stop list to eliminate or reduce doubling back on yourself.
More definitions of stop listDefinition of stop list in:
- The US English dictionary