noun[mass noun, usually as modifier]
- A cinematographic technique whereby the camera is repeatedly stopped and started, for example to give animated figures the impression of movement.More example sentences
- Filmed almost entirely using stop-motion animation techniques, the film is a triumph for the team of animators and for the co-directors.
- I would have been interested in a discussion of how the series compares to the original books, and I always like to watch production footage of stop-motion animation.
- Traditionally, stop-motion animation is done with a locked-off camera because moving the camera and the characters in perfect synch is quite a challenge.
More definitions of stop-motionDefinition of stop-motion in:
- The US English dictionary