- Alternately stopping and starting; progressing with interruptions: stop-start journeysMore example sentences
- Less experienced players could find the game a stop-start journey as they puzzle over what to do next.
- The bus continued its jilted stop-start progression through the streets of Northern London and my eyes wandered again.
- He also pointed out that stop-start driving creates far more pollution than steady speed progress.
More definitions of stop-startDefinition of stop-start in:
- The US English dictionary