- 1A break in a journey: a brief stopover at Shannon AirportMore example sentences
- His one visit was a brief stopover in Italy to visit his daughter while she was studying there.
- The delegation will have a two-day stopover in New York en route to Haiti and a one-day stopover in Los Angeles on the return trip.
- The new route, which includes a brief stopover in Hong Kong, will leave twice daily every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- 1.1A place where a journey is broken: easy vehicle access makes the spot a favourite stopover for camper vannersMore example sentences
- The quiet, rural hamlet of Baycliff is only a stone's throw away and like its neighbours boasts some of the nicest eateries and stopovers in the area.
- The views are spectacular, augmented by a flotilla of yachts whose owners favour the location as an essential stopover on the Firth of Clyde.
- The old town was established by the Spanish in 1519 and was a central stopover between the old and new world, making it a most cosmopolitan spot.