(also storage cell)
- A battery (or cell) used for storing electrical energy.More example sentences
- The voltage required to properly recharge a storage battery varies with battery temperature.
- The electrical discharge from the lead storage battery provides the energy to start the internal combustion process in a car.
- Researchers have been looking for a substitute for the lead storage battery that would provide electrical current efficiently, but that would not pose an environmental hazard.
More definitions of storage batteryDefinition of storage battery in:
- The US English dictionary