Definition of storm troops in English:
1 another term for shock troops.
- The sub-machine-gun had been developed in Germany in 1917-18 as a weapon for storm troops, a short-range automatic weapon firing pistol ammunition.
- Our informant watched in disbelief as storm troops completely destroyed a house belonging to someone he knew who now resides in South Africa.
1.1 (Storm Troops) historical The Nazi political militia; the Brownshirts.
- Seven of the highest commanders of the Storm Troops have been summarily shot.
- The Storm Troops or ‘Brownshirts’ were organized initially to serve as a protective force at Nazi Party meetings and placed under the leadership of Captain Ernst Röhm.
- S. S. Storm Troops guarded the house but Reichswehr soldiers, sent by President von Hindenburg to guard his favorite statesman, stood watch inside.
storm trooper noun
- Example sentences
- His literary output - over 60 books - covered a wide range of topics, from science to philosophy, politics, and fiction, but he first achieved fame as a WWI storm trooper.
- It was written by a storm trooper, Horst Wessel, who was killed in a street fight with communists in 1930.
- Unlike soldiers burdened with weighty kit etc, the storm troopers carried little except weaponry (such as flame throwers) that could cause much panic, as proved to be the case in this attack.
Definition of storm troops in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan