nounchiefly North American
- A window fixed on the outside of a normal window for protection and insulation in bad weather or winter.More example sentences
- There was a small four pane window covered by a storm window at the end opposite the door.
- The units are spaced with a 1-to 2inch gap between the storm window and existing window.
- Like a storm window, double-glazed glass creates insulation by using an extra sheet of glass to create an air pocket.
More definitions of storm windowDefinition of storm window in:
- The US English dictionary