- 1 dated term for storm petrel.More example sentences
- It houses Manx shearwaters, herring and black-backed gulls, razorbills, stormy petrels and guillemots as well as puffins.
- Wandering albatrosses, Wilson's stormy petrels, Cape petrels and brown-browed albatrosses kept us entertained us with their flights across the waves.
- 2A person who delights in conflict or attracts controversy.More example sentences
- Dhanraj Pillay, the stormy petrel of Indian hockey, came up with the answer, emphasising that players like the young Sandeep Singh should be drafted into the Indian team immediately.
- Clark comes over on television as a square-jawed straight-shooter, not the stormy petrel that the Army knew during 34 years of active duty.
- It is intriguing, to say the least, that Krishna has included Bose, the stormy petrel of the movement who tried to give a new direction to the freedom movement, in the fourth group.
More definitions of stormy petrelDefinition of stormy petrel in:
- The US English dictionary