Definition of storybook in English:
1A book containing a story or collection of stories intended for children.
- The saga of tiny things abounds in children's rhymes, songs, storybooks and protected collections.
- I also inherited one of my teacher's daughter's collection of storybooks.
- She craves blue eyes, thinking that if she looked like the blue-eyed girls from storybooks, her parents, teachers, and boys would love her.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting something that is as idyllic or perfect as things typically are in children’s stories: it was a storybook finish to an illustrious career
More example sentences
- It was the perfect ending to a storybook season, that saw the 17-year-old Russian dethrone Williams at Wimbledon to become the darling of the tennis world.
- Another thing that I cannot stand are the other kids my age who are the storybook image of what perfect is supposed to be.
- In August 1972, her father's failed attempt to overthrow King Hassan brought an abrupt end to nineteen-year-old Malika's storybook youth.
Definition of storybook in:
- US English dictionary