Definition of storybook in English:
1A book containing a story or collection of stories intended for children.
- The saga of tiny things abounds in children's rhymes, songs, storybooks and protected collections.
- I also inherited one of my teacher's daughter's collection of storybooks.
- She craves blue eyes, thinking that if she looked like the blue-eyed girls from storybooks, her parents, teachers, and boys would love her.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting something that is as idyllic or perfect as things typically are in children’s stories: it was a storybook finish to an illustrious career
More example sentences
- It was the perfect ending to a storybook season, that saw the 17-year-old Russian dethrone Williams at Wimbledon to become the darling of the tennis world.
- Another thing that I cannot stand are the other kids my age who are the storybook image of what perfect is supposed to be.
- In August 1972, her father's failed attempt to overthrow King Hassan brought an abrupt end to nineteen-year-old Malika's storybook youth.
Definition of storybook in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan