- A heatproof enamel produced by heat treatment in a stove, or a paint imitating it: [as modifier]: a white stove-enamel finishMore example sentences
- Having worked in the paint industry for a time circa 1962, I know just enough about stove-enamels to appreciate the durability of the coating.
- The traditional materials of pre-war cleaners - dark-coloured leatherette and polished aluminium - were replaced by brightly-coloured stove-enamel and brilliant chrome plate.
- The filter is perfectly suitable for the separation of: epoxies, PU lacquers, aqueous lacquers, clear varnishes, primers, stains, air-drying lacquers, base coats and stove-enamels.
verb[with object] (usually as adjective stove-enamelled) Back to top
- Give (something) a stove-enamel finish.More example sentences
- The chair's support, frame and castors are made from die-cast aluminium, while the finish comes in either polished or stove-enamelled aluminium in a choice of black, bright silver or anthracite.
More definitions of stove enamelDefinition of stove enamel in:
- The US English dictionary