- 1The action of stowing something: the art of stowage [as modifier]: keep each tool in its proper stowage placeMore example sentences
- Meanwhile, parts of the hangar and flight deck aft were used as stowage areas for Royal Marines equipment.
- About halfway back are two cabins, one with bunks, the other a double, as well as two heads and separate sinks and stowage lockers.
- A second fire started six hours later in an oxygen generator in the weapon stowage compartment, but that fire was put out within two minutes.
- 1.1Space for stowing something in: there is plenty of stowage beneath the berth [count noun]: for keeping ropes tidy the cockpit has two rope stowagesMore example sentences
- The seat was bonded to the deck and offered plenty of watertight stowage below and a reversible back-rest which was moulded to snugly fit both passenger and helmsman.
- You could easily cover long journeys in the car and the surprisingly spacious trunk would provide plenty of stowage.
- Another problem, if one retains four full seats, is a significant cut in the boot space so as to provide stowage for the folded roof.
More definitions of stowageDefinition of stowage in:
- The US English dictionary